Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Get out of your house.

When I was Pregnant with the twins I was not able to get out much, (only to my favorite pool). So once they were born I felt like we have been going no stop. There once was a mom posted that she could not go to the park because she had a toddler and a baby and the park would be hard. ARE YOU KIDDING ME LADY. Its only as hard as you make it. The twins learned to work around our lives. Going to the park, eating out and Noise in the house. When we are home they usually nap around 10 and then 4 or later. The best advise I was given when I was pregnant was from a stranger in Wall mart she said "the babies are on your schedule you are not on Therese". When they were younger if we had a play date at the park they napped in there car seat. Today for example they napped in there stroller at lunch. I know it will not always work they will have to have time to lay down. I am not a nap cop if we are invited to something fun, nap can wait or be moved. Schedules work for some and that's great its just my thing. My children are happy kids for the most part. I try to get out of the house at least ever other day with the kids or I would go crazy. When your feeling down as a mom I feel its important to get out and surround yourself with people you like. Hiding is no fun and will not help your mood. I have notice with the heat it makes mommy's cranky so its important we get out and have some fun. I know every time I feel down and then decided to get out it has helped so much. I am rambling I know. I am good at that on right. So if I can load up two babies 3, 5 and sometimes the 10 year old going on 18, then there is hope for you too. Even if its just a walk in the evening it will help boost your mood. Don't hide in your house because your kids. So what if your kids are brats join my club. I don't give a shit if people stare at me in the target store.
Also to all the moms scared to leave there children with there husband and come have some mom fun or even ME time. How does that make him feel that you don't trust him. Ever heard the saying if moms not happy no one is. You need to recharge your self have some adult time, some girl time. I feel guilty when I leave my children but once I get to were I'm going and start laughing with my friends it goes away. Here is the shocking part too ever time I have gone out which is twice month if not more. My kids have been FINE with daddy. It gives him time with the kids too, trust me he needs that. blah blah blah blah or I am rambling so enough with the thoughts in my head. Remember your kids are on your schedule you are not on threes. they will adapt and be OK. So get out of the house and have fun. house work is over rated.

3 comments:

  1. ok I do Ramble alot and I want you all to know I dont think I am right or the best parent so please dont think you have to all accept my advise its just for fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are 100% right on having your kids adapt to your schedule. I was told the same thing before I had my twins and it was the best advice I was ever given. I would go crazy if I was stuck at home and missing out on fun activities because I was going around my kids' schedule. Besides, last time I checked, schools don't adjust to kids' schedules, kids adjust to theirs. So people who think their kids won't survive if they don't adjust to the kids schedule will never survive school. We learn young to adjust to another's schedule and it carries on through life- as little ones we adjust to our parent's schedule, as kids we ajust to school shedules and as adults we adjust to work schedules.

    ReplyDelete