Monday, July 11, 2011

Mommy advise 1

I have noticed moms beat them selves up over matters. I am one of those people when I was pregnant with the twins, I had this idea of how I would get them on a schedule and breastfeed them to a year. Well after they were born it was CRAZY. I went from 3 kids to 5 hello craziness. Plus if you don't know me you should know that I am married but its more like a boyfriend that stops by to play with the older kids gives me money and complains about my house. He can ignore the twins crying like its the neighbors kids crying. But he works so he thinks he is doing his part. HAHAHAHAHA but enough about that. So life was hard with newborn twins a lazy ten year old who we will call B, a then 4 year old (who we will call J) who wanted to pick up my very small babies when every I putt them down even if they were asleep in the swing. and a then 2 year old ( named TJ) who wanted to be held because he was the baby and could not understand why mommy could not hold him as much. He very much is a mamma's boy and still is. I had help from my wonder full friends but not at 3am. Breastfeeding was hard for me. When ever I sat down to feed one. J would either start hitting Tj or try to pick up the other twin. We made it to 5 months of breastfeed but the twins decided they were done. I supplemented from the start, the bottle was quicker for them. The Reason I beat myself up about breastfeeding is because I had other mom friends that made it to a year with there twins. I finally had to realize that this is what is best for me my babies and my family. I felt bad for weeks felt like a horrible mother. Here is what I say HELLO I had 3 other children and I made it to 5 months. I should note the moms I was comparing myself to had no other children, they could seat around all day and feed there babies. I Me I wanted to make it to a year, but what I want may not always be what is best for Me babies or My family. My milk supple was going down and if I tried to force it for a year I may have been starving my babies, Because I was stressing out like crazy not drinking water and well I never get good. So formula in my case was what was best at that time for my babies. It was listening to all my friends was what was bring me down and making me feel like a bad mom. So about 5 months ago is when I decided I need to putt my family OK my kids first in my life and do what is best for them. and I get complements all the time about how happy my babies are. I feed them when every they are hungry or I think they are (they don't talk much yet lol) we go throw a 32oz can every 4-6 days I would say. I would have to say that having the twins has helped me relaxes more about kids. (just wish my husband would fallow)
SO in the end don't listen to all your friends about what they think is best for you and your baby. Take there advise but don't take it to heart. You have to do what is best for you and your family. If that means breastfeeding for a year or cloth diapers or even waiting to find out the sex of your baby. Don't let the world around you influence how you raise your children. I rather have a happy children then the model family with a clean house, perfectly pressed clothes. Life is too short to drive your self nuts over simple things. My kids were all only breastfeed until about half a year and here is a secret there health children. But if you can make it for a year GREAT that is what is best for you and your family. Stop making other moms feel bad about your choice though.

1 comment:

  1. I parent so much differently now that I have my babies than I did with my first. The greatest lesson I have learned is not to judge anyone else because, man, we are all doing the best we can with what we have been given. You are very courageous to put some of those hard feelings and experiences in to words to help others. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete